How To Make A Black Forest Cake Without Oven
sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert. It may replace with strawberry or other fruits or chocolate flakes on toppings. People think that the cake name was chosen by the name of the mountain “Black Forest” located in southwestern Germany, which is totally wrong.
Typically, Black Forest cake consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with whipped cream and cherries. It is decorated with additional whipped cream, cherries, and chocolate shavings.
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Cocoa Powder – 3-4 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – ¼ Cup
- Baking Soda – ¼ Tsp
- Baking Powder – ½ Tsp
- Salt – 1-2 Cups
- Butter – ⅓ Cup
- Condensed Milk – ½
- Cup Vanilla Extract – 1 Tsp
- Milk/Hot water – As require
- Whipping Cream (550-600ml)
- Sugar – 5-6 Tbsp
- Vanilla – If desired
- Red Cherries – ¼ Cup
- Syrup: Syrup from Cherry tin – ½ Cup
Sugar – 4 Tbsp
- Chocolate Bar – As required
- Red Cherries for top – 8-10
Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total: 2 Hours 30 Mins
- Add the salt to a cooker, use an idle cooker or a regular cooker (without a whistle). Then keep a rack, cover, and heat in low flame!
- Take a bowl and add in the room temp. butter beat it. Then add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Takes 2-3 mins! Now add condensed milk, and whisk for a good 3-5 mins.
- Take a sieve and sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold the flour into the wet ingredients using a spatula or a spoon.
- Slowly add in the milk or hot water and make a smooth dropping consistency batter.
- Apply butter to a cake tin preferably a 6″ or 7″(depending upon height required) or a steel/aluminum container of such diameter. Then a butter paper (for smooth, perfect, cake!) in the bottom and again butter it.
- Add the butter to the cake tin and then tap it twice!
- Keep the tin in the cooker which must be preheated by now, cover it, and make sure it’s in low flame!
- Bake for 25-30 mins*. Check after 25 mins with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready! If not, bake for another 5 mins.
- After the cake is baked, take it out and let it cool for 10 mins. Loosen the sides with a knife and then transfer the cake to a plate and then a cooling rack!
- The chocolate Sponge is ready.
- Chilla stainless-steel bowl and a wire whisk in freezer for about 15-30 mins. Also, make sure the cream is chilled!
- Add the chilled cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla (We don’t prefer) to the chilled bowl and whisk until soft peaks! Then keep the cream in the fridge for another 15-20 mins and then beat for 3-5 mins or until stiff peaks!
- Whipped Cream is ready!
- Take the cherries and crush them lightly to take the seed out!
- Take out syrup from cherry tins. Add sugar to it and then heat until sugar melts! Don’t overheat, just until sugar melts.
- Take a dark compound chocolate bar and peel it with a peeler! After peeling, freeze for 10 mins or more so that they get stiff and easy to crush and apply!
- Take 3-5 bowls and keep a plate over them. Or simply use a turntable!
- Cut cake into three layers horizontally by turning the table. Transfer the layers to a plate.
- Touch the turntable with cream to ensure safe decoration and then add the bottom sponge layer to it.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp of syrup on it. Spread a good ½ inch layer of cream to it. Then some cherries. Now the middle layer, syrup, cream, and cherries.
- Now the final layer, keep it upside down, and then spread syrup! Take a big dollop of stiff cream and then spread it on top as well on the sides. Then make it smooth! If crumbs are seen, do a crumb coat!
- Keep the cake in the freezer for 10 mins(optional). Makes easier to transfer to the serving base!
- Transfer the cake-to-Cake base using a palette knife. Be careful!
- Now add the remaining cream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe with a circular motion on top which makes rosettes. And pipe and lift on the bottom.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings all over the sides and top.
A cherry on the top of each rosette! It’s ready!
Notes Cocoa Powder Quantity: It depends upon quality. We would recommend using 3.5 Tbsp!
Milk/Hot water: You can use either one. We prefer both. About 2-3 Tbsp Milk and rest hot water. Using only milk can produce a milk chocolate type of taste!
Baking Time: It depends upon the stove. It can take up to 45 mins. But don’t overbake. Once the toothpick comes out clean, switch off the flame and take it out! Overbaking can result in a hard cake. So be careful!
Make a mango cake recipe within 55 mins!
Enjoy your cake, happy bakers!
10 thoughts on “How To Make A Black Forest Cake Without Oven”
Pingback: You Should Try These 19 Delicious 3 Ingredient Desserts! - Bakewarely
Pingback: 5 Top Terrine Pans For Your Kitchen - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 3 Best Cake Pop Makers Kits - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 8 Best Glass Baking Dish In 2022 - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 12 Best Bakeware Sets of 2022 - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 10 Best Muffin Pans for Baking - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 10 Best Porcelain Baking Dish In 2022 - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 19 Best Ceramic Baking Dishes for Your Kitchen - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 9 Best Baking Set for Kids: Our Reviews - Bakewarely
Pingback: The 15 Best Mixing Bowls for Baking - Bakewarely
Comments are closed.